Smart TVs are the future of TV entertainment platform because of the excessive features that they offer unlike ordinary TVs. All of the major players in the multimedia industry are producing Smart TVs. However, LG Smart TV is unlike any other Smart TVs because unlike its competitors they use Android OS for Kodi, whereas LG Smart TV uses WebOS.
On the other hand, Kodi, the sensational best kodi addons software that has no boundaries can be installed on Smart TVs as well with a VPN for Kodi. Well, it is compatible directly with the Android using Smart TVs; but still you can install Kodi on LG Smart TV despite it being WebOS based.
Exclusive KodiVPN.co Black Friday Special Deals 2023
$10.95 $1.32Per Month
Grab this Deal
$11.95 $1.99Per Month
Grab this Deal (3 Months Free)
$9.95 $2.75Per Month
Grab this Deal
- 1 Can You Put Kodi on a Smart TVs?
- 2 LG Smart TV Features for Kodi Fans
- 3 Is My LG Smart TV An Android OS?
- 4 Kodi on LG Smart TV WebOS Download
- 5 How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Chromecast
- 6 How to Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Roku?
- 7 How to Run Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Raspberry Pi
- 8 How to USE Kodi on LG Smart TV
- 9 How to Install Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV
- 10 Kodi on LG smart TV Upgrader
- 11 LG WebOS Kodi Alternative
Can You Put Kodi on a Smart TVs?
Kodi is an open source streaming software application that is easily installed on multiple platforms and devices like Windows, Linux, Android, Roku etc.
Similarly, it can be used on almost any brand’s Smart TV like Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, LG etc.
LG Smart TV Features for Kodi Fans
- Some features that Kodi fans can enjoy are:
- Interactive interface.
- Quick switching between applications.
- Exclusive entertainment content.
- Non-stop streaming in HD quality.
Is My LG Smart TV An Android OS?
Alas! Despite many Smart TVs being Android OS based, LG Smart TV is not Android-based. It is a smart TV but it uses WebOS that supports Android boxes and Android TV. However, that does not mean that it is not fun to use LG Smart TV.
Kodi on LG Smart TV WebOS Download
Just like Kodi, LG Smart TV is something that never let its fans down. Unlike other devices, LG Smart TV provides a great deal of customization options to users. Normally, Smart TV comes with an Android OS, on which Kodi is easily installed. However, due to LG Smart TV being WebOS based, Kodi cannot be downloaded directly on Smart TV.
Nevertheless, the simple way of downloading and using Kodi on LG Smart TV is by connecting an Android stick or Android Box with the Smart TV and then downloading Kodi through Google Play Store.
Other than this, users can also use Kodi on Smart TV by using Chromecast or by using Roku Player.
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Chromecast
- Make sure you have your smart phone and Smart TV connected to a similar network.
- Download and install Kodi in your Android Smartphone in order to play it on Smart TV.
- Once Kodi is installed, half of the procedure is completed.
- Install Chromecast on your Android Smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Go to Google Play > Search Google Home App > Click on Install > Wait for the application to be installed.
- Connect/ Pair Google Chromecast to LG Smart TV.
- Go to Google Home App in your phone > Click Cast Screen/Audio > Now the casting will begin and you can easily view Kodi on your LG Smart TV screen.
How to Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Roku?
Kodi can also be used on LG Smart TV through Roku as mentioned earlier. Here is the brief procedure:
- Install Kodi on your Smartphone or PC.
- Connect your device (Smartphone or PC that has Kodi installed) to Roku via internet connection network.
- Open Roku Player Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Enable Screen Mirroring option.
- Connect your PC/Smartphone to Roku by installing a mirroring application. After connection, you can easily enjoy Kodi on LG Smart TV.
For Windows 10 users:
Go to Device > Project > Add Wireless Display.
How to Run Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Raspberry Pi
When it comes to running Kodi on LG Smart TV, you can use Raspberry Pi. Fortunately, Raspberry Pi is compatible with all the models of LG Smart TVs.
Here is how you can run Kodi on LG TV with Raspberry Pi:
- Format your Raspberry Pi card.
- The Raspberry Pi has a built-in SD card that you should insert on your computer with the help of FAT32 format.
- After completing the formatting process, you should transfer Kodi onto the card.
- Download Kodi on your system.
- Use some type of imagining the tool to write OPENELEC, an OS to your Raspberry Pi card.
- Now you should plug Raspberry Pi on your Smart TV.
- In order to switch to Kodi, You can opt the input picker foundation provided on your LG Smart TV.
This is how you can run Kodi on your LG TV through Raspberry Pi hassle-free.
How to USE Kodi on LG Smart TV
Once Kodi is installed, you can start adding add-ons but first you need to follow this procedure:
- Go to Kodi home screen > Go to Settings > Click System > Click on Add-ons tab > Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
Now you can install all of your favorite addons respective to your need and preference. Install the addons and enjoy your favorite content whenever you want. There are hundreds of addons to choose from, every addon having its own specialty.
How to Install Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV
The answer of this question is simple and straightforward. You can install Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV using Android TV box. The task of installing Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV does not require any rocket science. Here is the list of steps you should follow to achieve your Kodi installation mission on LG 4K TV:
- Connect your Android TV box with your LG 4K Smart TV.
- From Android TV box, open Google Play Store and search for Kodi app.
- You should install Kodi app on your Android TV box.
- The Kodi app will be install automatically on your Android TV box.
- Now, open Kodi and start watching your favorite media content on LG 4K Smart TV straightaway.
Kodi on LG smart TV Upgrader
If you are using Kodi on LG Smart TV via Android device, then you can easily upgrade it by upgrading the version you have installed in your Android device. However, if you are casting/mirroring Kodi on Smart TV using Roku, then you will have to update the Kodi version in both devices connected for casting/mirroring.
LG WebOS Kodi Alternative
The best alternative for LG WebOS Kodi is an Android Smart TV, reason being the ease of using Kodi. Android devices have direct compatibility with the Android devices that is why Kodi can be directly downloaded and installed on any Android Smart TV without connecting any mirroring or casting devices.
Using Kodi on Smart TVs provide the entertainment experience of a completely new level. Many users hesitate in using Kodi on Smart TVs because of the complexity in installation, but they have no clue the experience that they miss. Smart TVs are always praised for the multimedia experience it provides. The interactive interface and the never ending possibilities are the reason users love Smart TVs.
Using Kodi on Smart TV is somewhat complex as compared to an Android-based Smart TV because it is WebOS based. Still, Kodi always has a way to entertain you and the geeks know it. We have provided a detailed insight on Kodi on LG Smart TV installation and other aspects, we hope you will be served well by it.